Wednesday 12 January 2011

Kindle


Strange how technology can sometimes make me feel like it has to be either flight or fight.
I was recently given a Kindle – now the Kindle is something I have steered away from on the basis that the feel of the paper and the weight of the book would be lost to me forever. I have conveniently ignored the upsides such as ease of use when travelling, particularly those endless flights from London to Houston, and of course not having to carry the weight of book that can sometimes be like an SAS Bergen.

So when I was given my Kindle for christmas I had a dilemma – do I say thanks but no thanks and appear rude or do I embrace the technology and give it a go.
You know what, now I have experienced it I cannot imagine why I was so hesitant. The whole episode made me think about the importance of finding ways to give our clients the opportunities to experience different tools, such as a strategic planning tool called Goal Directed Planning, and use technologies such as Podcasts as an integrated part of workshops that we run for clients

No comments: